Why The Procedure Is Performed ?
If you have bleeding inside your body from an aortic aneurysm, you will have open abdominal aortic aneurysm repair. Endovascular repair is rarely done for a leaking or bleeding Aneurysmectomy.
You may have an abdominal aortic aneurysm that is not causing any symptoms or problems. Your doctor may have found out about this problem from special tests called an ultrasound or CT scan. There is a risk that this aneurysm may open up (rupture) if you do not have surgery to repair it. However, surgery to repair the aneurysm may also be risky.
You and your doctor must decide whether the risk of having this surgery is smaller than the risk of bleeding if you do not have surgery to repair the problem.
The doctor is more likely to recommend you have surgery if the aneurysm is:
- Larger (about 2 inches)
- Growing more quickly (a little less than 1/4 inch over the last 6 to 12 months)
Endovascular repair has a lower risk of complications around the time of the surgery. Your doctor is more likely to suggest this surgery if you have other more serious medical problems or if you are elderly.
Risks for any surgery are:
- Reactions to medicines
- Breathing problems
- Blood clots in the legs that may travel to the lungs
- Heart attack or stroke
- Infection, including in the lungs, urinary tract, and belly
Risks for this surgery are:
- Bleeding before or after procedure
- Poor blood supply to your legs, your kidneys, or other organs
- Damage to a nerve, causing pain or numbness in the leg
- Bleeding around the graft requiring more surgery
For more information, medical assessment and medical quote
as email attachment to
Email : - email@example.com
Contact Center Tel. (+91) 9029304141 (10 am. To 8 pm. IST)
(Only for international patients seeking treatment in India)