A Routine Dentistry Examination includes the Following : -
- Examination of the tooth
- Examination of the gum
- Other soft tissue examination
Examination Of The Tooth
The dentition is completely checked first by dentist, and teeth present or missing is recorded. Cavities, broken fillings, crowns and other restorations on the teeth are checked. Mobility of the tooth is also assessed and recorded.
Examination Of The Gums
In the examination of gums , the gingiva or the gum is inspected for its color, contour, consistency and it is probed to measure the depth of the pockets surrounding the tooth which is a sign of gingival disease. Any swelling or ulcer over the gums, if present, is recorded by dentist.
Soft Tissue Examination
The purpose of the soft tissue examination is to find out lesions, tumors (benign or malignant) or any other changes that are present in the oral tissues. It can be treated successfully by arun's dental arts chennai dentists, if we detect it in early stage itself.
A soft tissue examination includes complete visual examination and palpation of tongue, cheeks, floor of the mouth, roof of the mouth, And also for the salivary glands.
It also includes the examination of the head, neck, face and for the enlargement of lymph nodes by arun's dental arts chennai..
- Cleaning : - the removal of stains and plaque by a qualified dentist.
- X-rays : - this expensive procedure is often performed by the dentist in order to see the teeth below the gum line.
- Tooth Extraction : - the removal of impacted or rotten teeth
- Prescriptions : - any medicine prescribed by a dentist.
- Occlusion bar : - This is used to prevent the chewing surfaces at the back of the mouth becoming flat due to grinding of the teeth.
- Root Canal : - the nerve of the tooth is removed from the canal and replaced.
- Emergency dental treatment : - treatment received in a dental emergency room for the repair of damage caused in an accident.
- Local anesthesia : - contained to a specific area, relives the feeling of pain during an operation.
Routine Checkups Procedure
Your dentist will recommend how often to have routine checkups. Many people should see their dentists once or twice a year. Your dentist will examine your teeth and gums for signs of tooth decay, gum disease, and other health problems.
Your dental hygienist will begin to clean your teeth by scraping hard mineral buildup (tartar) off of your teeth with a small metal tool. Then the hygienist will floss your teeth, use a polishing compound, and apply fluoride. Cleanings usually aren't painful. Occasionally your dentist will want to take X-rays. The X-rays take only a few minutes.
Your dentist or technician will have you put on a heavy apron to shield your body from X-rays. Everyone else in the room will either wear a protective apron or step behind a protective shield.
For more information, medical assessment and medical quote
as email attachment to
Email : - firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Center Tel. (+91) 9029304141 (10 am. To 8 pm. IST)
(Only for international patients seeking treatment in India)