LASER Light Is Quite Different From Normal Light. It Has The Following Properties ; -
- The Light Is Monochromatic : - It contains one specific wavelength of light (one specific color)
- The light is coherent where the photons are organised and the waves of light move in unison
- Collimation : - This means the light is very directional. A laser light has a very tight beam and is very strong and concentrated. A lightbulb, on the other hand, releases light in many directions, and the light is very weak and scattered
Soft Tissue (Gum) Laser Dentistry Procedures : -
- Crown Lengthening : - Dental lasers can reshape gum tissue (soft tissue laser) and bone (hard tissue laser) to expose healthier tooth structure. Referred to as crown lengthening, such reshaping provides a stronger foundation for the placement of restorations.
- Gummy Smile : -Dental lasers can reshape gum tissue to expose healthy tooth structure and improve the appearance of a gummy smile.
- Muscle Attachment (Frenula): - A laser frenectomy is an ideal treatment option for children who are tongue tied (restricted or tight frenulum) and babies unable to breast feed adequately due to limited tongue movement. A laser frenectomy may also help to eliminate speech impediments.
- Soft Tissue Folds (Epulis) : - Dental lasers may be used for the painless and suture-free removal of soft tissue folds often caused by ill-fitting dentures.
Other Laser Dentistry Applications : -
- Viewing Tooth and Gum Tissues : -Optical Coherence Tomography is a safer way to see inside tooth and gums in real time.
- Benign Tumors : - Dental lasers may be used for the painless and suture-free removal of benign tumors from the gums, palate, sides of cheeks and lips.
- Cold Sores : - Low intensity dental lasers reduce pain associated with cold sores and minimize healing time.
- Nerve Regeneration : - Photobiomodulation can be used to regenerate damaged nerves, blood vessels and scars.
- Sleep Apnea : - In cases where sleep apnea is a result of a tissue overgrowth in areas of the throat (which sometimes occurs with age), a laser assisted uvuloplasty or laser assisted uvula palatoplasty (LAUP) procedure can be performed to reshape the throat and relieve the correlating breathing problems associated with sleep apnea.
- Teeth Whitening : - Low intensity soft tissue dental lasers may be used to speed up the bleaching process associated with teeth whitening.
- Temporomandibular Joint Treatment : -Dental lasers may be used to quickly reduce pain and inflammation of the temporomandibular jaw joint.
Lasers As An Alternative To The Surgical Scalpel :-
- Re-contouring of bone and gum (crown lengthening).
- Oral surgery - Gingivectomy, Gingivoplasty, Frenectomy ,Leukoplakia removal, Biopsies,
- Tissue fusion - replacing sutures
- Implant exposure (2nd stage of implants)
- Incisions and draining of abscesses
LASER Sterilises In Action
Germ-destroying effect: Bacteria are vaporised instantly resulting in maximum germ reduction. LASER energy heats up and evaporates the moisture within bacterial cells.The cells explode and die.
- Reduced procedure time and efficient operation with less trauma
- Minimally invasive and precise: areas outside the laser beam are unaffected.
What Are The Advantages Of LASER Surgery ?
- LASERs are more gentle than other methods of cutting hard and soft oral tissue
- Sterilises treatment area
- Minimal anaesthetic required
- Less bleeding and swelling
- Reduced need for stitches
- Promotes fast healing: Operations with Lasers result in little or no post surgical discomfort
For more information, medical assessment and medical quote
as email attachment to
Email : - email@example.com
Contact Center Tel. (+91) 9029304141 (10 am. To 8 pm. IST)
(Only for international patients seeking treatment in India)