VaginoplastyThis medical procedure involves the creation or reshaping of the vagina. Vaginoplasty is sometimes performed to revise vaginal anomalies and congenital conditions such as absence of a vagina at birth, as well as to repair the area following disease or injury.
As with other procedures, like plastic surgery of the nose (rhinoplasty), vaginoplasty may be undertaken for functional reasons, aesthetic reasons, or a combination of the two.
Vaginoplasty sometimes referred to as Vaginal Rejuvenation, Vaginal Tightening or Vaginal Reconstruction is a surgical procedure performed for female sexual enhancement.
Vaginoplasty evokes very strong emotional responses (both pro and con) far more often than more common procedures like rhinoplasty. There is considerable controversy regarding surgery on some patients, notably children with "ambiguous genitalia" who have no pressing medical or functional need.
Vaginoplasty is currently required by law in order for women in the trans community to change the designation of their sex on many government documents. Therefore, it is considered in the eyes of the law to be medically necessary for our full social and legal recognition as females, in addition to its therapeutic benefits of bringing our minds and bodies into congruence.
Who Is An Ideal Candidate For Vaginoplasty?
If you are a woman who is determined to maximize her sexual sensation, gratification, would also like to improve the appearance of her external genitalia, restore her self-esteem and rejuvenate her love life, then you are an ideal candidate for Vaginoplasty. Women suffering from stress incontinence of urine (involuntary loss of urine with coughing, sneezing, laughing, exercising, or sex) can also have this problem corrected by Vaginoplasty.
What Does Vaginoplasty Involve?
It is not uncommon to have a combination procedure i.e. Vaginoplasty and Labiaplasty during the same surgery. They can also be performed at the same time with most cosmetic surgical procedures such as Liposuction, Breast Augmentation, Breast Lift or Breast Reduction, Facelift, Thigh Lift, Rhinoplasty and Eyelid Surgery. Vaginoplasty is performed under general anesthesia and you will be required to stay in the hospital for a maximum of 2 days. Vaginoplasty is performed as a standard gynecologic surgical procedure and takes about 60 - 90 minutes.
You will spend an hour in the recovery room under the supervision of a nurse to monitor for post-operative complications like excessive bleeding. Vaginoplasty tightens vaginal muscles and the surrounding soft tissues. The incisions made to tighten your vaginal muscles will either be stapled or sutured with dissolvable suturing material. The result of a Vaginoplasty is an immediate decrease in the size of vaginal muscles, resulting in more friction during sexual intercourse.
Potential Complications Of VaginoplastyDeath: - You could die. Some of the complications below are potentially fatal.
Fistula: - This is when a hole develops in the wall between the colon and the vagina. Read a patient report about her fistula.
Blood loss: - Some patients have had massive hemorrhaging after vaginoplasty, requiring many units of blood (up to 15 in one patient's case). There is an additional small risk that donor blood could carry an infectious disease. Steps to avoid this: stop all drugs that affect clotting at the time recommended by your surgeon. Some surgeons recommend banking your own blood prior to surgery.
Blood clots: - These can lead to heart attack, stroke. Steps to avoid this: stop all drugs and hormones at the time recommended by the surgeon. Stop smoking.
Infection: - This can result from the surgical procedure or from improper postoperative care. This could affect your recovery time, your surgical outcome, and in extreme cases could possibly kill you.
Steps to avoid this: - be very diligent out hygiene postoperatively, especially regarding bowel movements and dilation.
Pneumonia: - Fluid in the lungs is sometimes contracted after surgery. Steps to avoid this: Stop smoking. Get in shape. Use an incentive respirator after surgery or do breathing exercises. Walk or at least sit up as much as possible after surgery.
Necrosis: - Death of tissue. This can be caused by infection, tissue rejection, or loss of blood supply to tissue.
Vaginal collapse: - In severe cases of stenosis, the entire new vagina can cave in, which may lead to reconstruction and in severe cases removal.
Paralysis: - Caused by stroke from a blood clot, or a severed nerve. Extremely rare.
Allergic reaction: - Severe allergic reactions can cause your air passage to close or send you into shock. Reactions can be from anesthesia, certain drugs such as penicillin. Non-fatal reactions include rashes and hives.
Benefits Of VaginoplastyThe benefits of Vaginoplasty are to improve the esthetic appearance of your vulva and vagina and also to tighten and strengthen your vaginal muscles and enhance the pleasure and gratification during sexual activity. If you are uncomfortable with the changes your private parts have undergone due to aging, childbirth or any trauma, then you will most certainly benefit from Vaginoplasty.
Risks Of Vaginoplasty
- Allergic reaction to anesthesia
- Painful intercourse - If your vaginal muscles are not too lax to begin with, then Vaginoplasty may cause them to further tighten, resulting in pain during sexual activity
Alternatives To VaginoplastyThese alternative treatment options can be used alone or in combination to improve the look of your external genitals and make your sexual experience a fulfilling and pleasurable one
- Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation (LVR) - This procedure is performed on an outpatient basis. In this procedure laser is used to strengthen and tighten the vaginal muscles.
- Designer Laser Vaginoplasty (DLV) - This procedure is used for enhancement of the vulvar structures, labia minora, labia majora, mons pubis, perineum, introitus and hymen.
- Laser Reduction Labiaplasty - This technique can sculpture the elongated or unequal labial minora (small inner lips)
- Laser Perineoplasty - This method is used to enhance the sagging labia majora (large outer lips) and labia minora to give your vulva a youthful and esthetically appealing look
Some More Terms To Remember
- Vaginal Relaxation - Vaginal Relaxation is a term loosely used to describe stretching of the vaginal muscles due to weakness, loss of tone and strength. Vaginal Relaxation may result from aging, multiple vaginal childbirths and not strengthening pelvic and perineal muscles especially after childbirth.
- Labiaplasty (Labia Reduction, Labia Beautification) - In this procedure, the labia majora and labia minora are surgically reduced and made smaller to give a woman's external genitalia more youthful look
- Hymenoplasty - In this procedure, the ruptured hymen is reconstructed to a pre-sexual state.
- Perineoplasty - In this procedure, the muscles of the perineum are tightened.
- Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation (LVR) - This non-surgical procedure is performed to enhance vaginal muscle tone, strength, and control. It will also effectively decreases the internal and external vaginal diameters and strengthen the perineal body
- Designer Laser Vaginoplasty (DLV) - This procedure is performed for the enhancement of the vulvar structures, labia minora, labia majora, mons pubis, perineum, introitus and hymen
- Un-hooding of the Clitoris - Removal of thick skin from over the clitoris to obtain maximum gratification during sexual activity
For more information, medical assessment and medical quote
as email attachment to
Email : - firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Center Tel. (+91) 9029304141 (10 am. To 8 pm. IST)
(Only for international patients seeking treatment in India)